Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Tao

While I have studied Taoism on and off for a couple years, I have recently renewed my interest in studying the philosophy. I heard Dr. Wayne Dyer on XM last week, and he was talking about his latest book Change Your Thoughts, Change your Life - Living the Wisdom of the Tao. Dr. Dyer spent an entire year focused on the Tao, and in that time he studied the life of Lao Tzu and read several translations of the Tao Te Ching. The book examines each of the 81 verses of the Tao, and puts each of them in a context that fits modern culture after explaining the meaning. I recommend the book to everyone.

Last night Lisa and I listened to the first five chapters of the audio version together. It was a very spiritual experience. I look forward to reading more.

No comments: